Property Book UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or during the process of letting, selling or renting a property, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Property Book UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6th February 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- current employers details
- credit history
- rental history
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Tenant referencing for future Tenancies.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To arrange maintenance as requested or required by current regulations. i.e annual gas certification.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and/or in the office.
Third Party Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Our third party list can be seen below:
YB Electrical Repairs
JR Lees General House Maintenance
Colchester Gas Services
LA Plumbing & Heating
Peyton Tyler Mears Chartered Accountants
Hannah Taylor Professional Cleaning Services
Richard Sage Painter and Decorator
Colne Valley Windows
Colchester Borough Council
MATH Property Services
KAE Building Solutions Ltd
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or the referencing form supplied in the case of a Tenant application, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Property Book UK, The Cartlodge, Braiswick Lane, Mile End, Colchester, CO4 5ED.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.